I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Friday, May 26, 2006

The dirty, dirty

On my way to Georgia for the much anticipated Jeff & Kate wedding.

I can count on one hand--two fingers really--how many times I've been below the Mason-Dixon Line (central and southern Florida don't count). It's a foreign land, really.

I realized that everything I know about the south comes from history books, The Daily Show, Outkast, and the Drive By Truckers.

So, like cramming for a final exam, I've got all of the DBT records on shuffle in an effort to bone up on southern culture.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen the Felon said...

All you really need is "One More From the Road" by Lynyrd Skynyrd." It's basically a complete guide to Southern living (and dying, as it turned out, but you can skip that part.) Throw in a "y'all" every once in awhile and yer golden.

9:18 AM

 
Blogger A little about me... said...

Don't miss drinking some sweet tea while you're down there. Yumm. And don't be too surprised when fast food takes 10 minutes and that people talk slower and don't interrupt each other. Have fun.

Chelly

8:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home