I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Skiing makes me happy.

And tired. Very, very tired. Especially on opening day.




I swear, it's like Christmas and I am a five-year-old kid with ADD and a bad sugar high. I never sleep well before opening day or the night before a big storm. Here's the kicker... I already skied a day this season, so technically, today wasn't even my opening day, but it was opening day at my mountain. Good times.

And I'll tell you, it was surprisingly darned good. Now, though, at 9pm, after not sleeping, waking up early for my show, skiing, taking an entirely too short nap (a tease, really) and then heading to my soccer game; I am beat. Beater than beat. I have two options: go out and see some live music -- it is Friday, after all; or sleep. The latter sounds much more appealing.

Either way, looking forward to heading up the canyon again tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

See now, that's not dorky. That's just cool.

1:09 PM

 
Blogger DMo said...

Make no doubt about it, Sara: There is a high level of dorkiness in everything that I do. In fact, just now, on my way back from the library (read: Dork HQ), I got excited because Burger King has a giant blow-up Sponge Bob sitting on its roof. I don't even have Nickelodean! Satisfied?

2:17 PM

 
Blogger Sara Z. said...

Okay, you win. Pretty dorky.

But you're doing a fine job with the blues show. You can't really go wrong with the basics: your Kings - BB and Albert, your Buddy (Guy) and your Muddy (Waters), and a little Etta James. Me, I'm singing the "Yet-Another-Literary-Agent-Rejected-Me Blues." (Also known as "The-Return-of-the-SASE Blues.")

4:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home