I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Excuses, begging, etc.

I needed some time off. Documenting things via web humiliation is fun and all, but sometimes you just need a break. Now though (I think), I am ready to remount the proverbial horse and aim for a more dedicated attempt at updates from here in NY.

I'll let you in on a little secret: in Salt Lake, well, there isn't that much to divert your attention from "blogging." And, it's even kind of cool.

Here, everyone and his dog has a blog (less cool) and my days bring me from one diversion to the next: a night I have sworn to be dedicated to dishes and reading turns into several beers on the wrong side of the East River; a quick trip to the neighborhood pizzeria takes me far from my neighborhood; agreeing to have "one drink" at a friend-of-a-friend's birthday party puts me to bed after four; etc.

It's fantastic, but costly. It weighs heavily on both my time and wallet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home