I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Woodacres

I'm nearly done painting my rooms in the apartment. When that it occurs, I can actually move in for reals, not the for fakes transient-living-out-of-a-bag-and-dresser-that's-located-in-my-roommate's-space style I have been.

I opted for Woodacres, a strange, creamy color from the good folks at Benny Moore. I was aiming for "warm and comfortable" and, at least in the bedroom, I think I've pretty much nailed it.

Woodacres. It's like having my own forest in a Brooklyn brownstone.

Incidentally, I thought the dude who had to name the 64-crayon box of Crayola's had a serious job. That shit is like a required internship on the way to naming colors for a paint company. Honorable mention color selections included:

Shabby Chic
Firewood
Broken arrow
Yuppy's demise
Gentrification's glow
Sticks and leaves
Autumn for the wealthy people
Color for idiots looking for a paint named after nature
brown

Well, maybe I made some of those up. Benjamin Moore doesn't sell a brown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home