I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Behind enemy lines

I've traveled to New York specifically to see the Sox play at Yankee Stadium, but this weekend was definitely an interesting first.

I watched all three Sox/Yanks games, played at Fenway Park, in various venues and boroughs across New York.

Safety in numbers, as they say, or at least, the safety of not getting into arguments even with those you care for, proved to be the preferred method of viewing, as I snuck from one Brooklyn apartment to another, and finally up to 96th Street on the Upper West Side, to be among the proper company of Sox fans.

While I would have loved to see the Sox take the division of course, I can't help feeling that it's a win-win and that, thanks to Cleveland, who opted to throw in the towel about three games early, everyone's happy; I have yet to be razzed at work, or be the razzler.

Instead, I can quietly continue my role as the dazzler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home