I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Love, Drugs, Violence paired with good beer.

One of Salt Lake’s finest attractions -- as far as I’m concerned -- is Brewvies. As it name suggests, Brewvies combines two things I appreciate greatly: beer and film. And, it manages to do so cheaply. Tuesday nights, for instance, one can see a film and enjoy a liter of microbrew -- a liter! that's a Nalgene water-bottle’s worth -- for about seven or eight bucks.

One of the fine features at Brewvies this week: True Romance. Man, do I love that movie. A screenplay by Quentin Tarrantino, actors including Christian Slater (in his heyday), Patricia Arquette (before her TV series), Michael Rappaport, Christopher Walken, Brad Pitt (in maybe, his best role ever), Dennis Hopper, James Gandolfini, Samuel L. Jackson and “Balky” from Perfect Strangers. It just doesn’t get any better than that.

Run, don’t walk to Brewvies. I’d recommend the Rooster’s Chocolate Stout to accompany True Romance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

I love that movie so much! Definitely my favorite QT film, much more so than Pulp Fiction.

10:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home