I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Spent the weekend at Henry's Lake, Idaho, near the West Yellowstone border celebrating Matty's bachelor-hood. The wedding is mere days away.

I hadn't been in that area of the country since taking a NOLS course in Wyoming's Absaroka Range four years back. It was exactly as I remembered it.

Endless blue sky, stands of lodge poles, green foothills, dark water and large birds. Between various members of our party, a couple of Bald eagles were seen, along with some herons and osprey.

Also had the opportunity to play some serious whiffle ball (my reign as a whiffle ball pitching ace continues), enjoy some terribly unhealthy food and do some fishing, or at least casting, as I didn't have a single bite over two days, unless you count a run-in with a giant leech named Larry. That's probably for the best though; it's been years since I've fished and I was secretly happy I didn't catch one.

Note the lack of tension on the rod.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Z. said...

The great thing about your fishing outfit is that it doubles as a "Dude, my cousin is having a kegger tonight for only $2 at the door" outfit. (And I say that with a great deal of affection both for you and for keg parties...)

3:53 PM

 
Blogger DMo said...

Not sure exactly what that means, but given that this "outfit," as you call it, was chosen for a bachelor's party weekend, I'd say I did ok.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Sara Z. said...

Ya did great.

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home