I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Swami

Today’s wisdom comes courtesy of a high school friend, Pat C., who I haven’t seen in a number of years. Pat went to the other high school (the vocational one), played bass, constantly worked on his car, wore flannel year-round, and pulled a hat so low on his head that it was often difficult to see his eyes. Our last year of high school, he may have been high more often than not.

Nonetheless, Pat occasionally passed along an outlook on life so unique that it was tough to avoid.

One such sage offering I think about often, particularly every time someone shakes my hand while I am on my way to the restroom, as just happened. Pat once questioned, “If we shower in the morning, why are we always expected to wash our hands after going to the bathroom. If anything, our hands are dirty, not it. Maybe we should be required to take a full shower after every time we pee.”

True that, man. True that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home