I'm a fighter, not a lover.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

High of 26 degrees

I love me some good 'ole cold weather.

Things I love about the cold:

walking in it (short distances); wool jackets, synthetic insulation, fleece, polypro, DWR-nylon and all the other fabrics that come along with it; reading overnight temperature lows that don't make it out of the teens; scarves; turning my heat off when going to sleep, waking with a chill and taking a hot shower; the fact that my gas bill is included in my lease, should I opt to crank it; when the snow remains dry and light; when the valley is clear; when the foothills are snow-covered; the appreciation for the sun that comes along with chilly temps; icicles on my car; how good hot coffee tastes, especially when you walk to get it; sweaters; girls who ski in braids/pig tails under their hat or helmet; girls who ski; being reminded of living in northern New England; goggle/sunglass tans; red wine; watching others attempt to express their personality via interesting hats, scarves, gloves, etc.; when my mom wears earmuffs; having the snot in my nose freeze; having my nose sting; breaking small ice puddles; how my back door sticks in it; watching my breath; having that first burst of cold air hit my lungs; boots; fun, warm socks; watching others walk by my window, bundled up; blowing on my hands or into my gloves; ski boot heaters; snow crystals; drinking hot tea; listening to other people complain about it.

Of course, like everything else, consume in moderation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the list. I, too, love to sleep in a chilled room. There's no radiator in my bedroom and I keep the window open just enough that the outside sneaks in. Nothing beats getting out of the shower and wrapping yourself in a towel that's been warming on the radiator.

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home